Refinished furniture

Matching Rustic Dresser

We were commissioned to update this large dresser in the same fashion as another one we did recently (purchased by the same client). The top was refinished with jacobean stain, the remainder painted with chalk paint, and the knobs updated with antique bronze spray paint.

End Table Refinishing

These two cute little end tables had seen better days when they came to us. They are a beautiful solid oak but had been coated with an opaque stain and finish that was chipping. We stripped and sanded them down to bare wood and then gave them a coat of Minwax golden oak stain. Then they were given several coats of satin polyurethane for a durable finish.

Rustic Dresser

This solid wood dresser has been given a rustic overhaul. The top has been stained with Jacobean stain and the base has been chalk painted in creams and whites, then sealed with clear and dark wax. The hardware was updated with oil rubbed bronze spray paint.

Refinished Rocking Chair

I picked up this solid maple rocking chair at an auction last summer, and worked on it bit by bit until I was finally able to get the whole thing stripped and sanded down to bare wood. The body of the chair was primed and painted with a satin black (industrial grade) acrylic coating (from my friends at Sherwin Williams). The seat was stained with Minwax stain in Jacobean and coated with several layers of satin Nano Defense wood floor sealer. I really like the way it turned out, so…
Read more

Refinished Bar Stool

This cute swivel bar stool is solid wood but needed an update from the orange oak colour of the 1980s. I used espresso Poly Shades to give it a new lease on life.

Updated TV Table

We’ve all seen those boring bleached pine TV tables. Well I updated this one with black acrylic paint on the legs and refinished the top with jacobean stain for a more modern look.

Coat Rack Redo

This coat rack has been in my clients family for a number of years, unfortunately the orange oak didn’t match their decor. So I stripped, sanded coated it with a custom charcoal grey wiping stain and sealed it with a satin polyurethane.

Bar Stool Update

These bar stools were an obnoxious shade of orange and didn’t match the custom bar that my client had made. We sanded and refinished them to be a much closer match.

Dresser Top Fix

The top of this dresser had something spilled on it, causing the finish to bubble and the wood underneath to stain. The top was stripped, sanded and restored using Minwax PolyShades in Bombay Mahogany.

Table Top Redo

This poor table top had numerous white water marks in the factory paint. The client wanted it black(ish) but with some wood grain visible. After sanding/stripping the table (not once, but twice), and trying several different stain colours and polyurethanes, we finally got the table top to match the legs as closely as possible.